Carro Veloce L3/33 Tankette

I have just completed the first Carro Veloce (L3-33) tankette that came in my 1/72 S-Model L3/33 set of two items. Despite its tiny size, this was effectively the main armored fighting vehicle of the Italian army during WWII.

As part of the WWII diorama I am building, this tankette will spearhead the attack of the Italian Army on the Yugoslav Partisans positions, and will be destroyed in the process by them. To capture this better, I have created a flame engulfing the top of the tankette (I will add the smoke later). Many thanks to elladan.de for his excellent blog on how to create and paint flames. The killed tank driver is from Hat's set 8262 WWII German Tank Riders. and the painting of the uniform is based on Osprey Publishing military books.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunratty Castle inspired medieval diorama

American Civil War Diorama

Caesar Roman Legionary Set II